Date & Time: Wednesday 27 February, 2013 at 2.00pm
- Michael Ahrens, Executive Director, Transparency International Australia
- Neville Tiffen, Global Head of Compliance, Rio Tinto
- Mathew Bastianon, Anti-Money Laundering, Bribery, Corruption, ANZ
- Dean Newlan, Partner, McGrathNicol
- Rachel Nicolson, Senior Associate, Allens and Director, UN Global Compact Network Australia
Location: ANZ Centre, Upper Ground Floor, 833 Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008
Australian businesses are increasingly facing risks of corruption and bribery as they enter new operating contexts, regulatory environments and business relationships. A recent OECD report found Australian businesses to be highly exposed to foreign corruption.
The seminar will explore some of the key issues facing Australian businesses operating in high-risk environments and provide examples of how different companies have addressed these challenges through anti-corruption programs and transparency mechanisms.
Bringing together experts and practitioners from across business, government and civil society, the seminar provides a platform for shared learning on the implementation of effective anti-corruption programs and integrity measures in business operations, relationships and value chains.
Join the conversation with an expert panel to discuss:
- Implementing corporate anti-corruption programs: challenges and opportunities;
- Key issues for the extractive industry, financial and professional services, and SMEs;- Opportunities for collective actio