Late nights, alcohol and party food… It’s the silly season trifecta that dulls our hair, causes our skin to break out and leaves us feeling listless and exhausted. Janine Allis, the founder of Boost Juice, mother of four and advocate for healthy living and eating, shares her ten tips for surviving festivities with your body intact.
Late nights, alcohol and party food… It’s the silly season trifecta that dulls our hair, causes our skin to break out and leaves us feeling listless and exhausted.
Janine Allis, the founder of Boost Juice, mother of four and advocate for healthy living and eating, shares her ten tips for surviving festivities with your body intact.
1. Do not beat yourself up for over indulging. After all, this is the season for too much food and alcohol. To survive, drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
2. A juice is a must in the morning. Your liver gets a hammering around this time so include some beetroot and celery to help the liver recover and reduce fluid retention.
3. Keep moving. The sun is out and we have more hours in a day. Take lots of walks to clear your head and give yourself some space.
4. Take time off work. Do not under estimate how unhealthy it is NOT to take your annual leave. Start every year fresh.
5. Our Pocket Rocket is my saviour over Christmas. It is full of omega 3 and dozens of vitamins and minerals, tastes great and is a fantastic way to replace lost nutrients.
6. Make realistic goals for the New Year. Every year, I have dinner and a bottle of wine with three girlfriends. We write down our goals and place them in the empty bottle to review how we went. It’s great fun and keeps us accountable.
7. See the good in everyone, especially over Christmas when spending lots of time with family. You may not be able to choose family, but they are an important part of your history. And be especially nice to mother-in-laws. After all, with three boys I’m likely to become one!
8. Celebrate the year that was. Take time to reflect on all that was great and all that you hope will never happen again.
9. Swim in the ocean. It is not possible to be in a bad mood after a refreshing swim, with the minerals washing away any hangover or late night.
10. Squeeze your loved ones every day. Hugs make us live longer and are like giving someone a piece of happiness. And everyone loves them, apart from my teenage son who freezes like an icypole when I hug him – but I’m working on him!
Boost Juice is a part of holding company Retail Zoo which comprises three leading brands - Boost, Boost International and Salsa’s Fresh Mex Grill.
Boost Juice has just hit 200 stores in Australia and is in more countries than any other juice bar in the world with stores across fourteen other countries including South Africa, Malaysia, Chile, the UK and India. Retail Zoo plans to open another 10 stores in Australia before the end of the financial year and exceed 300 stores globally before the end of 2013.
Deventer Public Relations and Communications
Energetic, focussed and creative, we’re a public relations company dedicated to achieving results. Adelaide-based with a can-do attitude, we ensure our clients reach their target audiences with messages that are clear, concise and compelling, helping to achieve corporate goals. Our ideas are fresh and innovative and our track record is impressive. Add to that a team with decades of public relations experience - as well as a host of PR industry awards - and it’s easy to see why Deventer Public Relations and Communications is the public relations company of choice.
Jodie van Deventer
P: 08 8362 5530
M: 0427 408 588