Elise Easdown from Brisbane and owner of What’s On 4 – Australia, has been named the 2012 Emerging AusMumpreneur at a glittering ceremony during The National AusMumpreneurs Conference in Sydney on Saturday night.
The ceremony was an opportunity for business mums to celebrate and recognise the best and brightest entrepreneurs in the mumpreneur industry, acknowledging success in business, product development, services and innovation.
What’s On 4 is the number one place in Australia to find information regarding local activities, events and party services for families including: play groups, swimming lessons, music classes, soccer lessons, play gyms, party entertainers and much more all local to you!
What’s On 4 covers all regional and rural areas and their online directory is free with no need to register.
All the information is quickly available, dates, times, venues, cost and everything else you need to know including links to websites and contact information plus a map to get you there!
What’s On 4 also hosts its own What’s On 4 Junior Awards, recognizing and rewarding excellence in the children’s activity and party services industry, the first of its kind in Australia.
Elise is proud to be recognised as the Emerging AusMumpreneur and was thrilled to accept her award at the ceremony on Saturday night.
“I came from a background as an occupational therapist and took a leap of faith to start out in this business world and retrain myself from the bottom up. To have three online directories with 5000 listings and over 40,000 visitors a month is a dream come true for me,” Elise said.
“My children are my inspiration and my grounding and remind me, fairly often, when it’s time to step away from the computer and be with them,” she laughed.
“I am proud to be a mumpreneur. I had a career change with motherhood because I wanted flexibility in a position to be available for my children but to also contribute financially to my family. I quite like being my boss as well and working from home means I don’t have to worry about a commute in traffic everyday, which is wonderful!,” Elise said.
The Connect2mums online community provides a safe and supportive environment for women in business to get together and share information, network and gain motivation.
For more information on What’s On 4 check on the websites
What's On 4
• What’s On 4 is Australia’s leading online directories designed for busy parents to find What’s On 4 their families, locally.
• What’s On 4 allows parents to search via location, category, day and age, making it quick and easy to find details.
• What’s On 4 has over 5,000 current directory listings and over 14,000 followers on Facebook.
• What’s On 4 holds an annual What’s On 4 Junior Awards, sponsored by LeapFrog, which recognises and rewards businesses in the children’s activity and party industry.
• What’s On 4 launched in January 2011.
P: 1300 309 911
• Connect2mums is Australia’s leading online community for mumpreneurs.
• Connect2mums provides a safe and supportive environment for women in business to get together and share information, network and gain support.
• Connect2mums was launched in April 2009, and since this time has grown rapidly. There are currently 16,000+ members.
M: 0431 615 107