SYDNEY 24 January 2012: Canon Australia, a world leader in customer focused print and document solutions, today extended the industry’s first single platform to manage print, scanning and copying processes to now also include mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and netbooks.
Developed in partnership with customers in response to specific business requirements, uniFLOW version 5.1 supports all internet enabled mobile devices and enables jobs to be printed across a full range of devices from desktop 7680 Printers through to Multi-Function Devices (MFDs).
“Recent research found that over half of workers using smartphones can’t print from their device, but want to . There have been concerns with managing a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) strategy, particularly around security and integration. With uniFLOW version 5.1, organisations can now offer their employees flexible ways of working, including mobile printing and printing from their devices on the go,” said Luke Maddison, Canon Australia Group Manager, Business Marketing.
uniFLOW version 5.1 is unique in the market as not only does it bring together the ability to scan, print and copy from one single integrated platform but it now also extends the same security, cost control safe guards and multi-vendor device finishing options to mobile devices.
“Australia has the second highest market penetration of smartphones in the world . uniFLOW v5.1 helps businesses work more flexibly without compromising corporate security or opening themselves up to unmanaged costs. It provides an effective solution to optimise an organisation’s MFDs, remote printing for visitors or for their employees,” concluded Luke Maddison.
uniFLOW Version 5.1 is available now.
Key Facts about uniFLOW Version 5.1
• Users can print remotely without needing to log into a networked PC.
• Ideal for visitors to an organisation, for printing in hotels and airports when travelling for business, or for students in a university
• Organisations can measure and track usage, charge back costs and identify misuse due to the uniFLOW platform’s cost management and measurement features
• uniFLOW v5.1 provides one central platform for all traditional PC-based and mobile print requirements offering organisations of all sizes the ability to cost-effectively and securely link mobile workers, contractors and even visitors to their print environment.
• Delivers potential revenue-making opportunities for organisations looking to charge for mobile printing on site (e.g. airport business lounges, universities and hotels)
Customer business models
There are three key business models for customers:
• Internal / departmental / SMB usage, where users have an account and want to securely print from a smartphone, tablet or laptop on the go.
• Ad hoc usage, whereby customers submit a document to the uniFLOW printer and pay per print job. This could apply to hotels where guests could send a job to print from their device and have the print charged to their room.
• Mobile printing as a service, for example in an airport lounge where it is offered as a complementary service to frequent flyers.
uniFLOW provides an optional free smartphone app which makes printing even easier for the end user.
 Source: IDC http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS22819211
 Source: SMH – http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/australias-white-hot-smartphone-revolution-20110908-1jz3k.html
Bitdefender is the creator of one of the world's fastest and most effective lines of internationally certified internet security software. Since 2001, the company has been an industry pioneer, introducing and developing award-winning protection. Today, Bitdefender technology secures the digital experience of around 400 million home and corporate users across the globe.
Recently, the company has won a range of key independent recommendations in the US, UK and across Europe, including ConsumerSearch, Which?, Stiftung Warentest and
Taenk. Bitdefender antivirus technology has also finished top in leading industry tests from both AV Test and AV-Comparatives. More information about Bitdefender's antivirus products is available from the company's security solutions press room. Additionally, Bitdefender publishes Malware City providing the latest updates on security threats and helping users stay informed in the everyday battle against malware.
P: 02 8281 3802
Shane McClellandP: 02 9805 2619