AVG (AU/NZ) Pty Ltd, the distributor of the award-winning AVG Internet and mobile security software in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific, today announced AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012, a robust-protection, resource-friendly security software for today’s small- and medium-size businesses. This new version is faster, lighter, easier to use and is available now.
AVG believes SMBs need more than a stripped-down version of enterprise security: they need software designed especially for them. In a nutshell, AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012:
• Delivers more — with respect to speed, protection, cost savings and time to focus on the day’s tasks
• Demands less — by way of smart scanning, fewer interruptions and ease of use that makes for a smaller footprint on users, administrators, PCs, servers and the overall budget
• Minimises threats — via award-winning anti-virus and Internet security protection across multiple touch-points, from e-mail and the Web to emerging threats such as information theft, social engineering and the risks involved with using social media as a marketing tool
• Reduces hassle — with an uncluttered management console
Lloyd Borrett, Security Evangelist at AVG (AU/NZ), said: “More than ever businesses need to be aware that the potential impact of cybercrime must not be underestimated. With our increased dependency on information technology, not protecting your business could mean the end of your business.
“After the 2008 financial crisis, the OECD began to re-examine today’s potential ‘global-shocks’. Alongside the expected threats: financial crises, pandemics and social unrest, the OECD also included ‘cyber risks’ for the first time. AVG’s recent Cybercrime Futures report highlights the increasing risks we all face and provides a call to action for businesses to protect themselves.”
• Equate online security with corporate governance and brand protection, and make it a boardroom issue. This is not just a technology debate
• Protect, and keep protection updated for all computers and mobile computing devices that are brought in or taken home by staff, contractors, clients and visitors
• Promote strong password management, with password and username combinations that are not easy to guess and which include a combination of letters and numbers
"AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 aims to be the simplest, most tailored security option for SMBs available," Borrett said. "For businesses looking for protection without impeding performance, AVG is the most compelling solution on the market. With enhanced ergonomics and cost savings, customers can essentially set and forget - with peace of mind that we will take care of the rest."
In addition to security technology, AVG's information-packed Business Resource Centre provides customers with guidance to stay up to speed on the latest security trends. Security needs are rarely the same for every organisation. AVG helps SMBs select the protection that is right for their business via an easy-to-use online security audit tool. After a short questionnaire about their business, customers receive a detailed report containing hints and tips to better protect their data.
Availability and Pricing
The complete AVG 2012 family of SMB products (including AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 and AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition 2012) is available now at www.avg.com.au, as well as through a large network of independent software resellers throughout Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 and AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition 2012 are available in five-seat increment multi-packs with one and two year licence periods. Pricing for a one-year, five-seat license for AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012 is A$317.20 (NZ$334.79). A one-year, five-seat licence for AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition 2012 is A$199.99 (NZ$215.99).
Paid AVG products come complete with free telephone support from the AVG (AU/NZ) support centre in Melbourne, backed up by free technical support by e-mail.
Keep in touch with AVG (AU/NZ)