Sydney, Australia, August 3, 2011 - Bringing greater connectively and flexibility to Australian classrooms is the MimioStudio™ 8 software, the newest generation of the software just launched by DYMO™/Mimio®.
The MimioClassroom product suite is a fully integrated suite of interactive teaching technologies that transforms any dry-erase board into a fully-interactive whiteboard, eliminating unnecessary installation costs and providing teachers with an intuitive classroom tool.
MimioStudio8 is an update to the already popular software that powers the MimioClassroom™ product suite and offers an expanded toolset that provides more flexibility for teachers to develop engaging interactive lessons for students of all grade and skill levels.
This is a truly universal solution, being compatible with Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems and now available in 31 languages. This means MimioStudio8 will be used in classrooms all over the world – from India to Bulgaria, and of course Australia!
“MimioStudio 8 software improves upon our award-winning MimioStudio 7 software, which was recently named a winner in the prestigious CODiE Awards for excellence in software development,” said Peter Goldie, Australia Sales Manager for DYMO/Mimio.
“Our software engineering team spent countless man hours collecting feedback from teachers around the world to refine and enhance the MimioStudio software. We’re pleased to offer teachers tools that let them produce even more creative interactive lessons for use with MimioClassroom products.”
MimioStudio 8 software seamlessly integrates with the MimioClassroom suite. Used with the MimioTeach™ interactive system, which converts any dry erase board into a fully-interactive whiteboard, or any combination of elements from the product suite — the MimioVote™ assessment system, MimioView™ document camera, MimioPad™ wireless tablet and MimioCapture™ ink recording system — teachers can create interactive lessons with easy-to-use technology.
New MimioStudio 8 software enhancements include:
• Expanded MimioVote question customisation, which adds greater functionality to creating and conducting tests.
• Brush pen stylised writing that processes Asian calligraphy and stylised writing.
• Enhanced drawing tools that transform freehand shapes into perfect shapes, which can be filled, resized and re-coloured.
• Students and teachers can use the new screen clipping option to draw around any image and paste it into lessons.
• A customisable colour palette and colour picker tool that allows teachers to create and save their own personal set of colours for reuse.
• Optimised toolbar and keyboard shortcuts.
Visitors to mimio.dymo.com/mimiostudio8 can sign up to receive email notification when the software is available for download later this year.
To learn more about DYMO/Mimio, please visit www.mimio.dymo.com/C5k or call Peter Goldie on 03 8762 4387
About Newell Rubbermaid Global Business and Technology Solutions
DYMO is the master brand name for the Newell Rubbermaid Global Technology Solutions portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO global technology brands are organized into four solutions:
• DYMO® / Labeling Identification Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (www.dymo.com).
• DYMO™ / CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (www.cardscan.com).
• DYMO™ / Endicia® Postage Technologies include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (www.pictureitpostage.com).
• DYMO™ / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technologies) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (www.mimio.com).
P: 02 8235 7600